Things People with an Organized Small Kitchen Never Do (with some FAQs)
Now That My Closet is Organized, What Do I Do With My Old Bureau?
Moving to a new house with a walk-in closet is an exciting venture, especially for those who love organizing and fashion. However, it often leads to the question of what to do with your old bureau. Instead of discarding or selling them, there are creative and practical ways to repurpose these pieces. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Transform it into a Unique Vanity or Dressing Table: If you have a spacious bedroom, consider converting the bureau into a vanity. Add a mirror on top, and use the drawers to store makeup, hair accessories, and skincare products. This not only recycles the bureau but also adds a personal touch to your bedroom.
- Create a Home Office Desk: For those working from home, an old bureau can easily be turned into a functional desk. Simply add a tabletop across the bureau or use the top drawer as a keyboard tray. This idea is both space-saving and practical, providing ample storage for office supplies.
- Design a Craft or Hobby Station: For craft enthusiasts, the bureau can be a perfect organization station. Each drawer can be dedicated to different supplies like fabrics, tools, or scrapbooking materials. It's a great way to keep all your crafting items in one place and easily accessible.
- Utilize it for Additional Kitchen Storage: If your kitchen lacks storage, the old bureau can come to your rescue. Use it to store table linens, cutlery, or even pantry items. With a fresh coat of paint and some new knobs, it can seamlessly blend into your kitchen décor.
- Turn it into a Unique Bookshelf or Display Cabinet: Removing the drawers and adding shelves can transform your bureau into an open bookshelf or display cabinet. This is ideal for showcasing your book collection, decorative items, or even plants. It adds character and functionality to any room.
- Create a Coffee Bar or Beverage Station: If you love coffee or entertaining guests, converting the old bureau into a coffee bar is a great idea. Store cups, coffee, tea, and related accessories in the drawers. The top can hold your coffee machine and other supplies, creating a convenient and stylish station.
- Repurpose it as a Plant Stand: For plant lovers, the bureau can be an excellent plant stand. The varying heights of the drawers can create a multi-level display for your indoor plants. This not only recycles the bureau but also brings a bit of nature into your home.
- Use it in the Entryway for Storage: Place the old bureau in your entryway to store shoes, hats, gloves, and other outdoor accessories. It’s a practical solution for keeping your entryway organized and clutter-free.
- Make a Toy Storage for Kids' Room: If you have children, the bureau can be a lifesaver in organizing toys, books, and clothes. You can even paint it in bright colors or themes to match the kids' room decor.
- Donate or Sell for a Good Cause: If you find that these ideas don't fit your needs, consider donating the old bureau to a local charity or selling it. This way, you are not only clearing space but also helping someone else in need.
- Customize for Pet Use: For pet owners, the bureau can be turned into a pet feeding station, with drawers to store food, toys, and grooming supplies. You can also modify one of the drawers into a cozy bed for your furry friend.
- Seasonal Decoration Storage: Use the drawers to organize and store seasonal decorations like Christmas ornaments, Halloween decorations, and Easter accessories. This keeps your seasonal items organized and easily accessible.
These ideas not only give a new life to your old bureau but also add unique elements to your home decor. With a bit of creativity and DIY spirit, you can transform this piece of furniture into something both beautiful and functional. Remember, repurposing furniture is not just about saving money; it's also about sustainability and giving a personal touch to your living space.